Universal (iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad)
Tested on: iPad 2 (iOS 4.3.2)
Rating: 4 of 5
iCover Pro is a great app for parties, game nights or just as a time burner. For $1.99, you can put any photo (including your own) on the cover of up to 80 different magazine covers and show it off to your friends, or even e-mail/upload them to Facebook, Flickr and Twitter.
When you first launch the app, you have the option of selecting the magazine text and style. You have everything from fishing to young model magazines to fit your needs. You then select “Be on Cover” and have another page full of more options.
You can select how you get the picture, which is where the app takes full advantage of all the devices great features. You can import from your photo album, camera roll or even take a picture right there. Next, you get to select extra text where you can choose the font, size and even the color.
Once you are done with that, it is easy to save the photo into your photo album, email it or share it through a social networking site like Facebook, Twitter or Flickr.
I think this is a great app and I would recommend it most of the times, but I also think it still has rooms for improvements.
- First of all, the users would love to have more magazine covers even though currently the app provides up to 80 covers. This can be in the form of an in-app purchase for 20 more covers or so.
- I also think some of the magazines should allow multiple photos on their cover pages.
- And the biggest thing would be the ability to change the pre-existing texts, such as the price tag and/or the magazine name.
- Follow @appenthusiast on Twitter
- Tweet this: "Be on the cover of a magazine using iCover Pro. Get a chance to win a copy! http://bit.ly/eOJLS1 via @appenthusiast"
- Post a comment to this post describing how you would use this app in a creative way and benefit from it
- The contest ends on Wednesday, Apr 20, 2011, 23:59 PST
- We will choose the five winners with most creative comments