The iTunes Store

Apple iTunes Apple iTunes

Major Update: Bible for iPhone

Bible
FREE
Universal (iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad)
Version: 3.0
Tested on: iPod Touch 4G (iOS 4.3.2)
Rating: 5 of 5
Bible - LifeChurch.tv

There are plenty of Bible app for the iPhone available on the App Store, but this Bible app from LifeChurch.tv is my favorite. I've been using it for quite some time, and this latest update makes it even better. Just before the Good Friday and Easter Sunday, the 3.0 version update of the app is released. The new update includes audio bibles so you can listen to the Bible while you're driving, working out, or even reading the Bible itself.



The audio bibles are available for many translations/versions, e.g. ASV, Douay Rheims, ESV, KJV, New ASV, NIV, NLT, and many other non-English versions too. My personal favorite is the New Living Translation audio bible which is made available by NLT Holy Sanctuary Audio Bible. The audio bible includes a good narrative voice-over, male and female voices in dialog, and sound effects. Just try playing the audio bible for Mark 5 to learn what I'm referring to here.



Not only the audio bibles, this latest update includes new dashboard launcher and plenty of new translations/versions (for the English and non-English readers). If you have another AirPlay device, you might want to try the AirPlay support as well. Overall, I think this is the most suitable Bible app for me. If you haven't tried, I'd highly recommend you to try it. Too bad all these great updates are available for the iPhone/iPod Touch version only. I'm looking forward for the iPad version to be updated as well.

What about your favorite Bible app for the iPhone or iPad? Share with us in the comments. 


And, don't forget to share this great app with your family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to do a lot of bible study, it's hard to beat Olive Tree's Bible Reader. The new v5 on the iPad is an amazing tool, I particularly love how it pops up links in a separate window, and makes verse references in my notes into links. The Resource Guide that searches your whole library for anything related to the current verse or topic is a must-have! My preacher wants to get an iPad now after I showed it to him!

    ReplyDelete